Thursday, December 17, 2009

My GeForce 8800 GT graphics card is out of action.

Yes, besides the busy Christmas season, my less-than-year-old Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphics card just blew on an overheat condition, according to my trusty local Staples tech guy. I'm in the process of submitting my Return Merchandize Authorization.

Before I submitted my PC to Staples, I tried to figure out what was wrong and came across the gizmodo story about the controversy between the Inquirer and Nvidia over how extensive its GeForce problems are.

I was hoping I would not become a member of Nvidia's Army of the Nightmare, but it now looks like I'm going in with the first wave.

But then again, maybe not. Could be just a stupid coincidence.

But now I'm curious about how many GeForce failures have occurred now that a year has nearly gone by.

In the mean time, its a little Fighting Steel, a dash of Tiberian Sun Firestorm, and good helping of Chaos Gate on my old Pavilion. But it doesn't feel quite as Christmasy as Dawn of War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment