Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dis-announcing: EasyierCamp mod for Soulstorm - An Embarrassment.

If you've been waiting and waiting on this mod (which I think is unlikely given my Sitemeter stats) then I am sorry to announce that I can't post it anywhere. Right after my announcement I discovered it had a random tendency to screw up its graphics and crash to desktop. I've since played around with it some more and it keeps happening. It seems to happen in the long, drawn out stronghold maps, but not always where my mod has made changes. So its Not Quite Ready For Prime Time. This is one of the embarrassing hazards of being a maintenance programmer that I remember so well from my previous life. I am not skilled enough in the language the game is based on, so I cannot do what is necessary to debug this. But if enough of you still want this mod, make a post and tell me and I'll look into some way to get it to you for your own private use. I still enjoy it even when I have to do checkpoint saves on the stronghold maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment