Friday, February 12, 2010

5 and 12 reasons you still need a gaming PC.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/5-reasons-you-still-need-a-gaming-pc/5-reasons-you-still-need-a-gaming-pc/1389019

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/12-reasons-pc-gaming-is-better-than-consoles-485178


Recently, I've been lamenting the fact that the PC sections of all my local game stores (mostly GameStops) have gotten smaller and smaller or discontinued altogether.

I thoroughly despise game consoles. To me, they always seem to work counter-intuitively, doing the exact opposite of what I intended to do. To me, the keyboard, the mouse, and the joystick are the only proper interfaces for a seriously meant game.

And lets not forget that all games, no matter how thoroughly they've been tested, ship out broken or unbalanced in some way which only a mod or a trainer can fix.

And don't get me started about games that came out first on consoles and were then implemented on the PC. That has been one great body blow to PC gaming because it is causing the games that end up on PC to be considerably dumbed-down because of the console limitations of their original platform Exhibit A is Mercenaries 2.

No,no, give me a PC everytime. PCs forever! Death to consoles!

No comments:

Post a Comment