Monday, January 4, 2010

183.4 pounds.

Yes, I now tilt the scale at 183.4 pounds. And this after allowing myself a small binge over New Year's eve and New Year's day. As I said before, hunger stops being a factor with the Eat to Live diet, so it possible to intelligently cheatwithout it becoming An Episode. In this case my binge consisted of some jerky (yes, "Jerky for the turkey" I'm sure Dr. Fuhrman would say), two bottles of Sparkling Cider, two sample-sized boxes of Whitman chocolates, and two cups of Starbucks. I resisted going out for fries by resorting to chopping up a microwaved baked potato. Hmmm, that was good! But now its back in the harness and downward and onwards!

The computer game was Command & Conquer Renegade. A oldie to be sure, but still a goodie. A great long while ago I bought The Command & Conquer Collection when the price had dropped to $19.00. But except for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge I kept putting off playing the oeuvre because the game technology seemed a little creaky compared to the newer games that are out now. But now with my graphics card out on my HP Pavilion a1610n, I've swiveled to my right and started playing my more ancient games on my HP Pavilion 8575C. (If you think that's excessive, consider that I do my game world record keeping by swiveing to my left and word processing on my IBM Aptiva 2161. Yes, I have a room that looks like a CIA ops center. I expect a visit from Matt Damon any day now.)

The Command & Conquer Collection is going for $50 on Amazon? I had no idea I was sitting on some appreciating assets. I may just end up funding some college educations when the little ingrates pry them out of my cold, dead hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment